5 Takeaways from Ad Age Small Agency Conference
I don’t typically attend conferences but there was something about the Ad Age Small Agency Conference that seemed interesting. As someone who spends 40% of her professional time on a stage speaking about Marketing to Moms, I don’t get excited about booking another plane ticket or sitting in a hotel ballroom for 6 hours but I must say it was time well spent. The speakers were fantastic, the content was interesting and informative and the attendees were inspiring. Even this well-seasoned marketer took away a few new lessons and reminders.
- Small agencies can offer large brands things they can’t get from agencies: flexibility, focus, special attention, nimble teams who lack layers of management and creativity.
- Never give away your work. It’s your product and it is the only thing you have to sell.
- Sometimes you have to be daring to make a big impression.
- Stay true to the reason you are a small agency because that’s where you find your passion.
- Sometimes it’s good to be in the audience in life.
BSM Media, Inc. is an award-winning and internationally recognized Marketing to Moms agency specializing in influencer engagement and outreach programs. Their MommyParties, and Social Spotters, services are proven activation tactics used by Fortune 100 to Start Up companies. BSM Media also owns and operates MillennialInfluencers.com and GenZInfluencers.com which connects brands to Millennial Influencers and Gen Z Influencers.
Maria Bailey is the CEO of BSM Media and the author of “Marketing to Mom: Getting Your Share of the Trillion Dollar Market”, “Power Moms” and “Millennial Moms: 202 Facts Marketers Need to Know to Build Brands and Drive Sales.” She is a frequent keynote speaker and media expert. Learn more about Maria Bailey at www.MariaBailey.com.